There are many benefits to the Discover Ability Network (DAN). Our job matching platform matches your abilities and experiences to inclusive employer’s job opportunities!
If you are a job seeker with a disability, employers are looking for you. Magnet can help you be found.
The Benefits of Self-Declaration
When you self-declare as a person with a disability on Magnet, our database of over 15, 000 employers can target you specifically! This means you will get exclusive opportunities that can’t be accessed without self-declaration.
Access to National and Provincial Industry Associations
11 National Industry Associations are official partners on the Discover Ability Network and are actively promoting Magnet as the main hiring platform across Ontario; this means hundreds of new opportunities in various fields!
More Employers Getting To You
The self-declaration feature cannot be used to opt you out of job opportunities; it is a tool for employers to connect with you fast!
Magnet goes beyond the job search, and sends you curated resources to help you succeed!
When you build your profile on Magnet, all of your information, including your self-declaration, remains private until you decide to connect with an employer about an opportunity that meets your interests and qualifications.
A Constantly Growing Network
New employers are joining our database every day!
Other Key Features on Magnet
Targeted Messaging System
Stay in the loop about upcoming events, and exclusive career fairs by top Canadian employers for job seekers with disabilities with in-system targeted messages.
Gain access to built-in learning content that will assist with your job search.
Skill-Targeted Job Invites right to your inbox
Receive job invites specifically curated to your interests and skills delivered straight to your inbox.
How to Self-Declare Page
Go to https://magnet.whoplusyou.com/lp/disabilitydiscovery/individuals and sign up as a Job Seeker.
Confirm and activate your account through the link sent to your email.
Once your profile is confirmed, upload your resume and fill out your profile details.
Go to Settings and select the Self-Declaration tab.
Select persons with disabilities.
Click the Save button.
Congratulations! You are now ready to be matched with job opportunities.
- Once your resume is uploaded, be sure to review your profile manually to minimize minor inconsistencies due to the format reading.
- Make sure to upload your resume and create a profile before you self-declare.
- Be sure to set your Opportunity Preferences to ensure you are being matched to roles in your preferred location and industry.
- You can use the job search function immediately to start applying for positions that interest you.
- Don’t forget to check out the Canada Job Bank and Indeed postings, available for viewing on Magnet.
- Don’t underestimate the power of volunteering experience; employers are always looking for dedicated individuals.
- Update your profile regularly!